1. Create patient A (using template #1 on the Flowsheet).
2. Create patient B (using template #2 on the Flowsheet, which contains a few same parameters from template #1)
3. Change template for patient B (using template #1 on the Flowsheet).
4. Compare the order of parameters for patient A (this patient has template #1) and for patient B (this patient has template #1 ).
(On the left: Step 1. On the right: Step 3). There's the same parameters. But there's the different order of parameters.
The highlight scheme is the same of both pages (for instance, blue, purple, pink, green areas).
When changing a template (from #2 to #1), the order in which parameters appear on flowsheet on template #1, was set as the one the user followed when filling the flowsheet by template #2:
There's the same order of parameters.
1) There's feedback from SF-clinic: "I have the templates set with the parameters in the order that I want. I don't want to just set the new parameters below like it is doing. It is very confusing and out of order for us."
2) It seems this problem starts on Tue, 28 Jan 2019 (see note "Tue, 29 Jan 2019 at 8:14 PM" on forum.smartflowsheet.com/a/tickets/13513
, this clinic states "Starting today, we have noticed that when we change templates on a patient, it rearranges the order of what we have set. ").
3) There's the same problem on forum.smartflowsheet.com/a/tickets/13510 (this clinic uses asterisks as a dividing line for the logic blocks of parameters' groups -- > they need their own order of parameters):