This is a feature requests list for the Anesthesia Sheet
1) Having access to at least create the anesthesia sheets (the preoperative section) from computers.
2) Having a task based section for the pre-operative page for tasks that need to be completed prior to anesthesia (for example: bloodwork, ECG, x-rays, urinary catheter) and for those that need to be completed while the pet is still anesthetized (but once surgery itself is complete...for example: post op x-rays, urinary catheter, etc). I realize that you can currently add these as "other" treatments at the bottom of the peri-operative page but all this as a task based area would be nice.
3) Add "agent" to the pre-operative page so that anesthetic gases (iso, sevo) can be added to the plan there as opposed to the peri-operative page. We would still need it to show up on the peri-operative page so that the % of gas can be entered and recorded throughout the procedure. What we're hoping for is that we could have a field on the pre-op page for where this could be entered.
4) Add a field to the pre-op page for patient positioning. Perhaps a custom field(s) would be nice so you can add as many as you want.
5) Customizable vitals "buttons" so that other vitals can be recorded. For example: eye position (central C, or ventral V), eye reflex (none or slight). Also the ability to reorder the vitals...why? Our monitors show BP as follows: S, mAp, D yet the anesthesia sheet shows them in the order S, D, mAp. Sometimes when entering them you forget this order and enter them incorrectly. Perhaps a drag and drop just as you can on SFS with treatments...
6) Currently the anesthesia sheet only shows 90 minutes...it does not auto forward to the next 90 minutes. We realize that you can click the blinking arrow at the top to advance but if you don't and you enter vitals it will record them at the wrong time. Perhaps a rolling time so that when you get to the end it adds on another 30 minutes so you can still see the last hour of vitals as well rather than just the brand new blank page.
7) Medications: would it be possible to show medications that were given in the additional medications section of the pre-op page and the medications section of the peri-operative page on the patient's SFS as well so that we know when something was last given, next due? For example: let's say cefazolin is given intra-op and then needs to be given again 8 hrs later. It would be nice to know when it was last given without having to refer back to the anesthetic sheet that was already finalized.
Phewwww! That's a lot. May add more as I think of them.